Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rosemary and Garlic-Roasted Monkfish

I have been looking for some different recipes to cook for the family. For me, it is important to have food that is easy and quick to prepare, but tastes great and looks great.
I saw this recipe in a magazine and thought it looked so nice and easy, and it really is. It took me only 10-15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. The original recipe calls for thyme, but I didn't have that in my garden, but rosemary goes almost better with fish than thyme, and I have plenty of that (it's my favourite), so I used that instead.



This delicious recipe is adapted from Penny Oliver from the New World Real magazine June/July 2011.

Rosemary and Garlic-Roasted Monkfish

2 large skinless monkfish fillets
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into slivers
3-4 sprigs of rosemary or thyme
6 rashers of streaky bacon
1/4 cup oil

Preheat the oven to 200degC.
Cut each fillet into three even pieces and using a sharp knife, make small cuts in each piece. Push a sliver of garlic into each cut and place a sprig of rosemary on top.

Wrap the bacon around the fillet, place in a shallow roasting pan lined with tin foil and drizzle over the olive oil. Season if desired.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Serve on a bed of mashed potato and winter greens. Garnish with a lemon wedge to squeeze over.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good, I am after something fast and yummy today actually, but I never see monkfish in the shops where I live. I might try this with salmon instead, I think Jamie Oliver has a similar kind of recipe with salmon.

    Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this with salmon last night. Unfortunately the salmon cooked to quickly for the bacon to crisp up. I think monkfish is a much denser fish. Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to try it - don't:)

    ReplyDelete