Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mushroom and Bacon Spaghetti

I got this recipe off pinterest.com. Here is the original.

And I've already made it 2 or 3 times. The sauce in this is scrumptious and I think it is my husband's current favourite. Sorry for the horrible photo - it's always nighttime when I want to take a picture of the food, and my camera is not so good on night-light.


Mushroom and Bacon Spaghetti

6-8 rashers of bacon, cut into pieces
3 spring onions, sliced and diced
250grams of your favourite mushrooms
1/4 tsp lemon zest
Large handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
300-500ml of cream
1/2 cup white wine (less if you don't like it swimming)
Spaghetti
Grated parmesan

Fry the bacon in a little oil and cook until crispy. Add spring onions and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms with a knob of butter.

Cook the spaghetti with a pinch of salt and a dash of oil.

Into the bacon mix grate in the lemon zest and add the basil. Stir to combine then pour iin the cream and wine and simmer until ready to eat. I let it reduce for 5 minutes or so. Remove rom the heat and add the parmesan and basil garnish.



No comments:

Post a Comment