Friday, March 27, 2020

An American Amaretto Sour

I came late in life to the delights of alcoholic drinks. Because of that, I am yet to acquire a taste for wine - unless it's a really expensive Marlborough Pinot Gris.

I do however love Cocktails - I fell in love with them instantly, and have a lot of fun trying new ones.

We recently had some American friends visiting, just before Covid19 took over the world, and they introduced us to the delights of an Amaretto Sour. That's why I've called it an American Amaretto, but of course, it's probably universal! That first sip will have you swooning. It's a beautiful summer drink.



Amaretto Sour Recipe

(to make one)

2 ounces of Amaretto
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ounce lemon juice
Ice
Maraschino Cherries (one or two)



Sorry it's empty now, 😇 but it's usually a golden brown colour.



Late summer on Mt Maunganui beach. 





No comments:

Post a Comment